U.S. Debit Card Program
The U.S. Debit Card is a versatile financial product that enables federal agencies to make non-benefit federal payments to recipients through a magnetic-stripe, prepaid debit card. It provides an electronic alternative to checks, drafts and cash for recurring or nonrecurring payments.
The card can improve program management for a wide range of payment types, from travel to vendor payments. Strict management controls and powerful reporting give program administrators the ability to easily distribute funds while cardholders enjoy simple and convenient access to their payment. Your agency may load the card with any amount and reload it if you need to make multiple payments to the payee.
The U.S. Debit Card program is a complete financial management solution that enhances agencies financial control through instant payment options, auditing and spending reports, and fraud protection. The program reduces agency dependence on cash and checks, supports the Paperwork Reduction Act, and reduces funds held outside Treasury. Standard card program implementation, with training, takes 60-90 days. During this time, your agency will work closely with an experienced and dedicated team of professionals to ensure a satisfactory roll-out.
Various agencies are currently using the U.S. Debit Card in 40+ programs for:
- Stipends, awards, and grants
- Imprest funds and third-party drafts replacement
- Miscellaneous vendor payments
- Travel payments to local visitors and international guests
Card features and more
- Cards can be used to access funds in local currency at more than 900,000 ATMs
- Cards can be branded to use anywhere Visa/MasterCard are accepted, or limited to specific merchant categories
- Cardholders can select a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to protect against theft
- Cards are fully Reg E compliant and FDIC protected
- Your agency can instantly issue cards for immediate distribution
- Money can be loaded online for real-time funding on a single card or multiple cards simultaneously
- Customer service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week